Christian

Typ
    B4 Variant
    MKB
    AFN
    GKB
    CYP
    EZ

höchstwahrscheinlich wirds nix unter W40 sein -> damit grenzt sich das Problem auf falsche Messwerte oder zu wenig druck ein, und selbst bei nem W30 sollte es bei 80° nicht kritisch werden.
    irgendwann wieder: '96er TDI Variant - syncro - Status ca. 50%, pausiert wegen Hausumbau...
    Der Umbau - Kommentare
    Spyro the syncro - Geschwätz
    der Drachen - Plapperrunde
    Bastellimogeplappere

Fahrradfahrer

Typ
    B3 Variant
    MKB
    ABS

I experience the same trouble in these days while driving in mountain-roads.
    I've just got an oil+filter change and I do suspect that the quality of this Shell 10w40 is lower than the previous Castrol Magnatec 10w40.
    The first time I heard the buzzer with the red oil light blinking, I was driving on a very slow mountain-road after 500km on a Highway.
    It's been a 8km driving in 2nd gear around 3500-4000rpm and 40-50Km/h.
    Buzzer and red light were switching on while turning in left-corners during climbing up.
    Once the corner was finished, the light promptly switched off and the buzzer stopped working.
    This made me think to a matter of oil level.
    This morning, unfortunately, buzzer and light continued to work even after stopping the car on the roadside.
    Driving conditions were the same: mountain-roads, 2nd and 3rd gear, 40-50Km/h speed.
    Oil level looks good.
    I don't know what to think; wishing to be optimistic and starting from the most stupid diagnosys, I'd like to think that my new oil is not good enough, and it doesn't resist to a hard working condition.
    In other words, the firs think I will do is to change the oil again.

35i König Avatar von Loeffelbaer
    Name
    Bernd

Typ
    B4 Variant
    MKB
    AFT
    GKB
    CJA
    EZ
    06/1996

Hey,
    I faced exactly the same problem with my Golf MKII two years ago ...

Right now, there are a lot of fake oils from Shell, Mobil, Elf etc. on the market: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7gtIJfvzw

In order to find out whether this is an oil issue or a mechanical engine problem, i.e. oil pump, you need to find a reseller who will sell the oil directly from the manufacturer.

For example you can try a high quality Ravenol OIl from ravenol-shop.de (i.e. fully synthetic VST 5W40 USVO), Rowe (i.e. Rowe fully synthetic Hightec Synth RS 5W40) from rowefriends.de or Meguin Super Leichtlauf 5W40.

Fahrradfahrer

Typ
    B3 Variant
    MKB
    ABS

Hi Loeffelbaer,
    Thanks for your reply and your suggest.
    Don’t you think that I should use a 10w40 anyway?

Name
    Bernd

Typ
    B4 Variant
    MKB
    AFT
    GKB
    CJA
    EZ
    06/1996

... you can certainly use a 10W40 oil for your engine...

I understand from your message that you drive along highways (at higher speed?) and along mountain roads and
    you use the engine brake downhill...?

In theses circumstances, you need a high quality oil with a nice additive package ...

A nice 10W40 oil is Gulf Competition: https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60120-g...ngine-oil.aspx

This one gives your engine an outstanding protection at your driving conditions.
    However, this is not rather cheap....

Anyway, you should use at least once a high quality oil in order to solve this issue. Later on you can probably switch to a cheaper oil ...

Fahrradfahrer

Typ
    B3 Variant
    MKB
    ABS

Zitat Zitat von Loeffelbaer Beitrag anzeigen
    ...Anyway, you should use at least once a high quality oil in order to solve this issue. Later on you can probably switch to a cheaper oil ...
    This is for sure! Infact I've just ordered the Ravenol 5w40 that you told in the previous answer.
    My question was about the fact that VW was recommending 10w40 oils for my engine (in 1992).

Afterward, I have to say that for 90% of her life my Passat runs on highways around 4-5000 rpm in 5th gear.
    When in town I like to drive her smoothly and I am sure that I don't ask to my engine a so much big effort.

Mountain roads are something very rare, that I am experiencing during this week in Seiser Alm for holliday !!
    I'll let you know about Ravenol when arrived!

wire and fire
    Name
    Norbert

Typ
    B4 Variant
    EZ
    35i-B4 2E Vari: 12/1993, gekauft: 4/1995, RIP: 3/2009

there are two Oil-Pressure-switchs to activate the buzzer and the LED, called "dynamic oil pressure control" :

Minimum pressure:
    - 0,3bar blue-black wire: < 2.000 rpm: if pressure < 0,3bar: switch closed to ground, Buzzer/LED

- 1,4 bar - 1,8bar yellow wire: > 2.200 rpm: if pressure > 1,4 - 1,8 bar: switch closed to ground, OK. If not: Buzzer/LED

The problem is also the condensed water mixed in the oil. in this case, the oil is to thin and the oil-level is not ok, but it looks like it is ok. And if your motor is realy hot, the water is boiled out and the oil level might be lower.
    Gruß Norbert
    ---------------
    Irren ist menschlich, daher keine Verantwortung für irgendwas. Dies gilt ganz besonders auch für Links

Name
    Bernd

Typ
    B4 Variant
    MKB
    AFT
    GKB
    CJA
    EZ
    06/1996

Hi,
    if you are satisfied with the Ravenol oil and if it turned out to be an oil issue in your case, I just want to remind you that there is a 5% discount coupon available for your next purchase...
    Angehängte Grafiken

Fahrradfahrer

Typ
    B3 Variant
    MKB
    ABS

Ich setze diese Diskussion fort: Nach Monaten verstand ich, warum die Motorölwarnleuchte aufleuchtete und der Alarm ertönte.
    Es war minderwertiges Motoröl.
    Beim Erhitzen wurde es sehr flüssig; Die Ölpumpe konnte es nicht auffangen und konnte es nicht mit dem richtigen Druck schieben.
    Als es die ersten Male passierte, verstand ich es nicht und nahm den Motor sofort auf ein Minimum.
    Stattdessen musste es beschleunigen: Über 2800 U / min konnte die Pumpe tatsächlich stark genug drücken: Der Alarm verstummte und das Licht ging aus.
    Ich schrieb über dieses Forum im März: Ich war in den Bergen; Ich hatte gerade das Motoröl ausgetauscht.
    Ich folgte dem Rat von Loeffelbaer und kaufte Ravenol 5w40.
    Ich habe es gestern ersetzt: Es ist, als hätte ich ein anderes Auto.
    Großartig !
    Mehr Signale und Alarme bei hohen Temperaturen.
    Andere Leistungen.
    Vielen Dank: Ich kannte Ravenol nicht. Aber jetzt ja !!!
    PS: scrivo sempre con Google Translator: abbiate pazienza!

Name
    Bernd

Typ
    B4 Variant
    MKB
    AFT
    GKB
    CJA
    EZ
    06/1996

... for all the interested people: there is a 20% discount available on some Ravenol oils:

https://www.ravenol-shop.de/motoroel...vst-5w40-mb-vw
    https://www.ravenol-shop.de/motoroel...venol-ssl-0w40

Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte